”Sandra Jean's, Not So Lean "Cocoa Nut, Coconut Pie" Won a 1st prize in local pie contest! Sinful but delicious! Homemade buttery pie crust is best, enjoy...... SJ”
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bakers sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt, set aside.
- Prepare nuts, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream till peaks form.
- Mix bakers sugar (a little at a time) then eggs, butter and vanilla into heavy cream till well blended.
- Stir in brown sugar mix till blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust, cover edges of crust with foil, bake 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with coconut and bake additional 20 minutes till coconut is toasted to liking.
- Remove foil and cool for at least 2 hours, store in refrigerator.