Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a great bread for Dessert, Brunch or anytime.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup nuts
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients except nuts.
- Beat with spoon 30 seconds, stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan.
- Wrap tightly in foil.
- Cool Completely.
Very tasty. I've been looking for a good, chocolate, loaf cake and I'll be making it again. But I think there is an error somehow. I know my loaf pan is of the smaller size so I cut the recipe a touch and still it overflowed out of the pan. Perhaps it was really meant for 2 loaves? Or for an 8" square pan?
it was OK, but I would do it as a snack cake (with a nice glaze) rather than a loaf...it's very cakey and not nearly dense enough for a quick bread/loaf and falls apart when cut, while warm...I would also recommend adding some coffee or some orange zest or something, to try and bring out a stronger chocolate flavor...in it's present incarnation, the chocolate flavor of it is blah/boring...sorry