Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy, yet yummy chocolate frosting with just enough mocha taste that both my husband and I like it. I love coffee, he hates it. This makes enough frosting to cover the top of two 9 inch layers or one 9 x 13 inch cake.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, salt and cocoa together.
- Cream butter until soft; add part of sugar mixture gradually, beating throroughly.
- Add remaining sugar mixture, alternately with warm coffee, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
Yummy! Was a little soft so I added more powdered sugar than called for. While this was the perfect amount of frosting for a pan of brownies, I'd double the recipe if frosting a layer cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
A delicious frosting!