Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of a holiday cookie collection. I thought that they sounded good but I had no idea how good until they were done. The combination of chewy chocolate cookies and mint is hard to beat!
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well between each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add gradually to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cookies puff and crack on the top.
- Let cool for 1 minute.
- Take half of the cookies and invert on foil sheets.
- Immediately place one of the patties on each cookie and top with the remaining cookies.
- Press lightly to seal.
- I like to use a cookie cutter after they have been sandwiched to make nice uniform circles.
YUM! My favorite candies are York Pepperming Patties, so my friend bought me a box from Sam's Club containing something like, oh I donno...50,000,000. I didn't want to eat them ALL really fast all by myself (and I very easily could), so I put them into cookies so that my family could enjoy them with me. They were fabulous...chewy and soft and minty. Thanks so much, Jenshie!!!
These were really good, I only wish I had found them during the holidays.
I sandwiched mint ice cream between the plain cookies (instead of peppermint patties), and they were wonderful. They cookies were soft and somewhat thin, so they weren't too brittle coming out of the freezer. Thanks - this was just what I was looking for!