Recipe by jenshie
I got this out of a holiday cookie collection. I thought that they sounded good but I had no idea how good until they were done. The combination of chewy chocolate cookies and mint is hard to beat!
Top Review by meath017
YUM! My favorite candies are York Pepperming Patties, so my friend bought me a box from Sam's Club containing something like, oh I donno...50,000,000. I didn't want to eat them ALL really fast all by myself (and I very easily could), so I put them into cookies so that my family could enjoy them with me. They were fabulous...chewy and soft and minty. Thanks so much, Jenshie!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, no substitutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 32 small peppermint patties (York Miniatures)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well between each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add gradually to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cookies puff and crack on the top.
- Let cool for 1 minute.
- Take half of the cookies and invert on foil sheets.
- Immediately place one of the patties on each cookie and top with the remaining cookies.
- Press lightly to seal.
- I like to use a cookie cutter after they have been sandwiched to make nice uniform circles.