Recipe by Dancer^
Yummy lowfat chocolaty treats.
Top Review by stimied
The taste of these was fabulous. It really hit the spot with my family who felt like they were missing their homemade treats. Be sure and get your sheet just barely greased, these little puppies can stick like the dickens if you leave that step out!!!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on high speed using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
- Combine sugar and cocoa.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, one tablespoon at a time, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until meringues are firm and they are very lightly browned underneath.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Drizzle melted chocolate (if using) over cookies.