Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe is an old time favorite. Serve them for breakfast, a snack or as dessert. These muffins pair wonderfully with chocolate and coconut for a yummy result.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk, egg and oil; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoonfuls into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Combine 1 cup coconut, 1/4 cup Condensed milk and extract; place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each cup (do not spread).
- Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 400 Degrees F.
- for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
- Taste of Home.
My DH absolutely loves these muffins (he loves chocolate and coconut). I originally got the recipe from Taste of Home and have made them several times. The last time I made them, I threw in part of a bag of miniature semisweet chocolate chips (maybe a little more than a cup that I had left over from another recipe) - and he was practically in chocolate-and coconut heaven. : )