Recipe by love4culinary
I found this recipe on about.com, and posted it for chari, requesting "unedible" recipes using cocoa powder! cook time is estimated, as recipe did not say.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is AWESOME! I made this today morning and I can't tell you how good it is! I used 4 tsps.(heaped) of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup Vaseline(petroleum jelly). After microwaving this as in step 1 for 30 seconds, the jelly hadn't melted yet, so I microwaved it again for a minute, and when it still wasn't melted, I microwaved it again for 2 minutes on HIGH. It still wasn't completely melted, so I microwaved it again for 2 minutes. Then, it was melted. To this as directed in the recipe, I added the cocoa powder and stirred it well. Then, I transferred it to a small container and left it to cool. Within half an hour it had got so firm that I actually bent the whole container down and expected it to fall, atleast a bit, but it was so firm and looked sooo beautiful, so glossy and soooo tempting, gosh, I can't describe the feeling to you - I actually wanted to eat it;)! What added to my excitement was that I could actually see my face in it. LOL. It was a beautiful deep dark brown colour and my container is a horizontally shaped one, due to which, I could see my face in it! Made me glow with happiness. Now, five and a half hours later, I have applied this on my lips! I just got back from the beauty parlour(and I didn't have any lipstick on when I went). I got back and just applied it on my lips and woah, it looks so cute on me! I went and showed it to my mom who asked me which shade of lipstick is this - looks beautiful! What a fun thing this was- and, what a cute gift it'll make for kids'(girls) parties. Can't wait to share it with so many people!!! THANKSS!!!!!!! Update: I have shared this with 3 people so far and everyone is sure impressed! I am now called "Shehnaz Hussein" at my home;) :)
- 1⁄3 cup petroleum jelly (or however much lip gloss you wish to make)
- cocoa powder, amount you desire
Directions See How It's Made
- Put desired amount of petroleum jelly into a small glass bowl.
- Put it in a microwave for 30 seconds; then take it out and stir.
- Continue this process until the jelly is melted.
- Add the desired amount of cocoa powder (experiment!) and stir.
- Microwave for 30 more seconds and stir.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Once mixture is cool enough to handle, spoon it into a small container.
- Set it aside until the petroleum jelly gets firm. Then it is ready to use!
- You can also use this recipe to make fruit lip gloss by using powedered juice mix instead of cocoa.