I found this recipe on about.com, and posted it for chari, requesting "unedible" recipes using cocoa powder! cook time is estimated, as recipe did not say.
- 1⁄3 cup petroleum jelly (or however much lip gloss you wish to make)
- cocoa powder, amount you desire
- Put desired amount of petroleum jelly into a small glass bowl.
- Put it in a microwave for 30 seconds; then take it out and stir.
- Continue this process until the jelly is melted.
- Add the desired amount of cocoa powder (experiment!) and stir.
- Microwave for 30 more seconds and stir.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Once mixture is cool enough to handle, spoon it into a small container.
- Set it aside until the petroleum jelly gets firm. Then it is ready to use!
- You can also use this recipe to make fruit lip gloss by using powedered juice mix instead of cocoa.