Chef #272300's Note:
Got this recipe from Lickety Split Cookbook by Zonya Fuco. SO EASY, SO YUMMY, and only 20 calories EACH. They are molten little centers in a slightly crunchy shell that are VERY sweet, so they satisfy immediately with just one or two. I just made a batch for Christmas gifts and will now make a second (and maybe a third!) batch for us at home!!! Just be aware that they are VERY fragile when removing from waxed paper. (Those are the ones I sampled! LOL!!!) They also can be frozen for those "chocolate craving" moments!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- 2Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to the egg whites while constantly whipping.
- 3Combine water and vanilla in a cup.
- 4Add to mixture, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining sugar, whipping all the time.
- 5Sift cocoa powder and FOLD completely into mix.
- 6Drop bite-sized rounded teaspoons of batter onto waxed paper-lined sheets.
- 7Bake approximately 30 minutes . They will retain their shape.
- 8Remove while still hot to a wire rack to cool and then place in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Lava Kisses
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g