Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These have extra flavor from using chocolate marshmallows without being too rich tasting. tnt
- 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package chocolate marshmallows
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch baking pan or line it with waxed paper, your choice.
- Measure out the 6 cups of cereal and place in large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereal, stirring until mixture is evenly coated.
- Press mixture into buttered baking pan. Allow to cool, then cut into 18 squares, 3 rows times 6.
These are very good - it's a nice change from the regular treats. I didn't find chocolate marshmallows, so I used the regular marshmallows, and they worked fine. Thanks for posting Lorie.
This is a wonderful variation of rice crispie squares. I couldn't find chocolate marshmallows so I followed the suggestion of the previous reviewer and added a couple of tablespoons of hot chocolate mix to the butter and marshmallow mixture before adding the cereal. Thanks for posting this recipe.
These were great. Used regular marshmallows with cocoa powder instead of chocolate marshmallows and just rolled them into balls. Thanks for this simple and quick delight. -Buddha-