Cute football themed snacks for your next football party! Since I was making mostly adult desserts for our last college ball game, I altered my Valentine's Day Krispie Treat Hearts to make chocolate-flavored, football Krispie treats for the kids. They were a big hit, with kids and adults! My cupcake carrier with the flat bottomed insert only held 15 treats so that's where I stopped counting. Because of that, I guessed here on the total yield. If you try this recipe please feel free to correct me, if needed. :)
- In large pan or dutch oven, melt 3 Tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add marshmallows & stir until completely melted.
- When marshmallows are melted & smooth, turn off heat & add almond extract. Stir well.
- Remove from burner & add Cocoa Krispies. Stir till combined.
- Spray inside of a large bowl & turn the mixture out into it. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly grease your fingers with the 1 Tablespoon of butter and then pull off about a 1/4 cup of Krispie mixture.
- Shape into a football. An oval shape that is wide & tall in the center, getting smaller & slightly pointy at both ends. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- With frosting tube, pipe one long line, lengthwise, down the top of each football. Then pipe a short line at each end & fill in the center with more short lines to form the football's laces.