1/2 Photos of Cocoa Krispie Football Treats
Cute football themed snacks for your next football party! Since I was making mostly adult desserts for our last college ball game, I altered my Valentine's Day Krispie Treat Hearts to make chocolate-flavored, football Krispie treats for the kids. They were a big hit, with kids and adults! My cupcake carrier with the flat bottomed insert only held 15 treats so that's where I stopped counting. Because of that, I guessed here on the total yield. If you try this recipe please feel free to correct me, if needed. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pan or dutch oven, melt 3 Tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add marshmallows & stir until completely melted.
- 2When marshmallows are melted & smooth, turn off heat & add almond extract. Stir well.
- 3Remove from burner & add Cocoa Krispies. Stir till combined.
- 4Spray inside of a large bowl & turn the mixture out into it. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Lightly grease your fingers with the 1 Tablespoon of butter and then pull off about a 1/4 cup of Krispie mixture.
- 6Shape into a football. An oval shape that is wide & tall in the center, getting smaller & slightly pointy at both ends. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- 7With frosting tube, pipe one long line, lengthwise, down the top of each football. Then pipe a short line at each end & fill in the center with more short lines to form the football's laces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Krispie Football Treats
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 42.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: