I made these this year for Christmas and they were so easy and so wonderful. Everyone really enjoyed them.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Stir together flour and cocoa.
- Gradually add butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Add pecans.
- Beat until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Remove wrappers from kisses.
- Mold tablespoon of dough around each kiss, covering completely.
- Shape in to balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
I just found this recipe on the Hershey's website and had to try it. I had a friend back in high school who would put Hershey's Cookies n Cream bars inside the cookies. Really good straight out of the oven. I used Hershey's Hugs (vanilla and chocolate swirl). I omitted the pecans and icing sugar.
Edit: My husband's co-workers put the cookies in the microwave the next day for about 20 seconds and they had the same texture as if they had just come from the oven!
These cookies were best when they were fresh out of the oven and the chocolate in the middle was melted. We did not enjoy them as much the next day when they were on the holiday cookie tray. My cookies were really crumbly and didn't hold their round shape very well. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I enjoyed trying something new on my Christmas cookie tray this year!
Love these! Very rich and delectable and the perfect holiday cookie! The buttery chocolate shortbread dough (no eggs) surrounds the sweet Hershey kiss, and it's a match made in heaven. Sorry the photo is goofy - that'll teach me to try and get artistic with food shots, but what the heck, I'll post it anyway! Merry Christmas and happy eating with these yummy cookies!