Prep 1 hr 19 mins
Cook 12 mins
Beneath the snowy, powdered sugar exterior is a chocolate candy kiss wrapped in a nutty chocolate cookie. This is a very old recipe, and I'm not sure where I got it. Note that chilling time is included in the preparation80 time.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (do NOT use Dutch process)
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 54 Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped (9 oz. pkg.)
- powdered sugar
- In a large mixer bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and cocoa; blend into creamed mixture. Add nuts; beat on low speed until well blended. Chill dough 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. You'll need ungreased cookie sheets.
- Mold scant tablespoon of dough around each unwrapped Kiss covering completely. Shape into balls; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until just about set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar.