Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been looking everywhere for a chewy, chocolaty, high-fiber granola bar, WITHOUT high fructose corn syrup, but to no avail. So I decided to make my own! This EASY 5 minute recipe uses Kashi Cocoa Beach granola cereal that contains coconut and almonds. Enjoy!
- 14 ounces granola cereal (I use a box of Kashi brand "Cocoa Beach")
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Do NOT use wax paper -- trust me. ;-).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt butter, honey, brown sugar, and cocoa powder together over medium heat, stirring gently.
- In large bowl, mix cereal and melted mixture together until everything is evenly coated.
- Press coated mixture int prepared 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and put baking dish in fridge to chill until firmer.
These were good, and we enjoy the flavor, however, if using the cocoa beach granola cereal, I think the chocolate would be a little too intense. I coulcn't find that type of cereal, so I used a different type of granola cereal with more of a cinnmon flavor. This needed either less cereal or more of everything else in order to hold it together better. Ours crumbled a bit too much when trying to cut into bars. Made for PAC FALL 08. Thanks for posting!