Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package large marshmallows, about 40 or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal or 6 cups KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- candy corn or jelly beans or candy covered plain chocolate candies or black licorice strings
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Decorate with candy to make cat eyes, nose, mouth, ears and whiskers. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.