Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my variation on plain granola bars. I threw them together today for a camping trip and the kids loved them.
- Combine cereal, oats,raisins and white chocolate chips in a big bowl.
- Warm honey, brown sugar, and light corn syrup in a saucepan on the stove top, stirring to combine.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir to combine then take off heat.
- Pour mixture over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Press into a 9 x 13 ungreased pan.
- Be sure to press hard into pan all over so they don't fall apart.
- Put in refrigerator for an hour to cool which makes them easier to cut.
- Cut into 15 bars and enjoy.
- You may also wrap in wax paper and freeze.
We loved them! I omitted the white chocolate chips, and I'm glad I did because then they would have been too sweet. I added some cranberries as well. Thank you for posting, I will make these again!
These are great bars! I used Chocolate Cheerio's and they turned out great. Added flax and cranberries. Will try to reduce the corn syrup next time... maybe plain cheerios or rice krispies...but kids love this recipe! Thanks!
A hit with the whole family. Only change I made was adding a bit of toasted wheat germ. Froze half of them so that in a pinch, I would have treats for my grandson. For me they were too sweet and next time I will eliminate or half the brown sugar.