This is such a wonderful twist on holiday gingerbread cookies! I cut these out with cookie cutters and dust them lightly with powdered sugar after removing them from the cookie sheet after baking. Can also be decorated with decorator icing. I believe the recipe is from a Land O' Lakes grocery store impulse buy cookbook that my mom picked up one holiday season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- 2Cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar and molasses in a large bowl.
- 3Add egg; beat until light.
- 4Ina separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves.
- 5Blend into creamed mixture until smooth.
- 6Refrigerate until firm.
- 7Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- 9Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- 10Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 11Decorator Icing: Combine 4 c powdered sugar and 2 T milk in a large bowl. Mix until smooth. Add 1 tsp almond or lemon extract. Mix well. Add milk is necessary until smooth and glossy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 46.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g