Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Small batch fudge glaze; just enough for an 8x8 pan of brownies, a loaf sized cake, or several cupcakes! Make it mocha by adding instant coffee granules, or change up the extract for different flavors! I frosted Gluten-Free Walnut Brownies with this mocha glaze!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (optional)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional for garnish) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional for garnish) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans (optional for garnish)
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over low heat.
- In same saucepan, stir in cocoa, salt, powdered sugar, optional instant coffee granules, and milk. Whisk constantly over lowest heat for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and add extract; whisk well.
- Whisk until smooth and creamy, only adding additional powdered sugar if more of a frosting-like consistency is desired. Glaze will set up as it cools!
- Thinly frost cooled brownies, loaf sized cake, or cupcakes while glaze is hot, and garnish with coarsely chopped nuts, if desired.