1/1 Photo of Cocoa Fudge Glaze
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (optional)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional for garnish) or 1/4-1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional for garnish) or 1/4-1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans (optional for garnish)
- 1Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over low heat.
- 2In same saucepan, stir in cocoa, salt, powdered sugar, optional instant coffee granules, and milk. Whisk constantly over lowest heat for about a minute.
- 3Remove from heat and add extract; whisk well.
- 4Whisk until smooth and creamy, only adding additional powdered sugar if more of a frosting-like consistency is desired. Glaze will set up as it cools!
- 5Thinly frost cooled brownies, loaf sized cake, or cupcakes while glaze is hot, and garnish with coarsely chopped nuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Fudge Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g