Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light, recipe by Alice Medrich.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherries or 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave at low temperature.
- Stir in cocoa powder sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract, stirring gently until mixed.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the cherries or chocolate chips at this time.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Press cookies down slightly to flatten (they do not spread much).
- Bake at 350F for 9-12 minutes or until set and slightly firm at the edges.
- Cool on the pan for a few minutes to set the bottom then finish cooling them on wire cookie racks.
I like these better than any other chocolate cookies I've made. They have a moist brownie-like texture with a crusty exterior and aren't crumbly.
I liked these cookies!