Recipe by andypandy
a favourite at Halloween time.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh my goodness andypandy... this is a wonderful fudge recipe...made it just as the recipe stated...no changes, except that I omitted the nuts...We are big-time fudge lovers at my house, and I am always looking for new and great fudge recipes...well I have found one more...I will for sure be making this one again...thanx for a wonderful fudge recipe, my family really enjoyed this big time! :-) :-)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugars, salt, cocoa, syrup, and sour cream in a large buttered saucepan.
- Cook without stirring until candy temp.
- reaches 235 degrees F.
- Or until a soft ball forms in very cold water.
- Add butter.
- Stir just til blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let sit until cool.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Beat until creamy, and just until it starts to loose its glossy appearance dulls slightly.
- Pour into prepared buttered 8 x8 inch pan.
- Cut into squares while still soft and warm.