Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
a soft chocolate cookie from my childhood... yum
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter until smooth, add sugar and cottage cheese.
- Mix well.
- (the recipe says to beat until smooth but we always left the cottage cheese lumpy- we always blended by hand, not with the mixer- it's up to you) Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Drop from a teaspoon 2" apart.
- Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool cookies 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.
I made these after all these years.... Not very chocolatey.... I added some white chocolate chips but as with most things that you "remember" the memory is always better...