Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A wonderful chocolate crust with extreme chocolate flavor!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes (do not overbake, as crust will be hard).
- Cool completely, and fill.
I made this with dry sugar cookie crumbs, although I think it would have been better using the vanilla wafer crumbs, as it did fall apart a bit when slicing, as I did not have any vanilla wafer crumbs, it turned out quite well, so I am giving this a 5 star rating even though I made this using other cookie crumbs. I made this to go with your Summertime Strawberry Cream (recipe#119803). we loved it. thanks!