Prep 144 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A Holiday Favorite. Very easy to make and lots of Fun. Let the kids help on this one, have fun and enjoy.
- 16 ounces dry fondant mix (prepare according to package except, omit 1T. of liquid and replace with 1T. Amaretto)
- 3⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 14 ounces light cocoa pieces, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jarstemmed maraschino cherries (drained and return to jar)
- Start this 5-6 days in advance.
- Prepare cherries by adding the Amaretto to the jar of drained cherries, cover; and place in fridge.
- Make sure you gently rotate, move, cherries to get all in Amaretto.
- Once a day!
- Drain the cherries, keeping 1T.
- of the Amaretto, and place on paper towel and dry well.
- Prepare fondant and prepare to cover cherries.
- Holding stem and being careful not to brake stem off,dip cherries into fondant and cover completly.
- Place onto waxed paper to set up.
- After the fondant sets; dip cherries in to cocoa, once again covering completly.
- Return to waxed paper.
- Place in fridge or leave at room temp.