Recipe by MechanicalJen
Taken from "Favorite Recipes: Quaker Oat Bran", which I found in an impressive sized stack of cookbooks that my mom gave me. Wish she had tried some of these on us! At any rate, this stuff is great on vanilla yogurt - or whatever else you might dream up.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This is a delicious flavor combination -- chocolate, cinnamon and orange! It reminds me of a decadent coffee drink. The toasted oat bran has a definite nutty aroma and mixed together this is a delightful way to get a little fiber with your yogurt! I'm planning to perhaps mix in some flax seeds and some dried fruit, perhaps some toasted chopped almonds, too. Yummmmmm...... Thanks, MechanicalJen! Made for PAC Spring 2008
- 1 cup oat bran, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Place oat bran in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, or until light golden brown, stirring occasinally.
- Stir in orange peel and cool Add sugar, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Store tightly at room temperature.
- Sprinkle on yogurt!
- Use as muffin topping! Serious yum!