Recipe by Chef Johnsonville
A good lighter version with no whipped cream or egg yolks. From the First magazine for Women, January 2009, in their insider secrets for slimming resolutions. “Rich enough to hit the spot and light enough to fit into my diet” from Chef Jennifer Iserloh. Slimming Perk: Italian researchers found that cocoa’s flavanols can accelerate fat burning in 15 days. The compounds enhance the body’s insulin sensitivity, so sugar is rushed to the cells and used for fuel. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Everlasting_Grey
Such a nice way to use up some vegan sour cream I had sitting around. Very rich and deep, yet fluffy. I separated my own unpasteurized eggs as I was thinking back when I tried beating the liquid pasteurized egg whites and they would not whip. Instead of the coffee granules, I added another tablespoon of cocoa powder. It had a powerful cocoa taste, in which I loved. Also used xylitol instead of brown sugar. I'm sure the brown sugar would be delightful... if only I were allowed to eat it! Thank you for this quick and easy recipe. :)
- 1⁄3 cup pasteurized egg white
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl of electric mixer beat egg whites 2 minutes or until they’re fluffy and cling to bowl when tilted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
- Using spatula, fold egg whites into sour cream mixture in 3 batches.
- Divide among four 6 ounce ramekins.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.