Recipe by iluvmythomas
These cookies are low in sugar, fat and salt. Plus they taste really good! I got this recipe from the Aug/Sept 2004 issue of Light & Tasty.
Top Review by Meredith C-ville
I think these are great. Simple to make and really chocolatey, and, with the ww pastry flour and ff cream cheese as done by ladypit, a much better treat than most. I use hershey's special dark chips. It's so nice to have a good standby for those times when I just really want a good cookie. I just have to make sure to have enough milk around to go with them!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars.
- Add the egg and egg white; mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.