Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My attempt at imitating the new "cocoa Chex mix" they had out for the holidays. Very low in fat and quite low in calories if you use the lowest calorie chex. I also add in some cinnamon Crispix for a little extra flavor. Taste just like the packagedvariey with less fat and less cost!
- 4 ounces Chex cereal, to stay light,corn and rice
- 2 ounces pretzel sticks (on serving)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- cooking spray
- Combine cereals and pretzels in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine cocoa and Equal in a gallon baggy, seal, and shake up to mix.
- Spray cereal lightly with cooking spray and stir to coat lightly.
- Add cereal to cocoa mix in baggy.
- Seal and toss around to coat.
- Pour cereal out only 15x11 pan.
- This can be ready as is or cooked 5-10 minutes in a warm oven (200 F) to lock in the coating a bit.
- You should get about 5 cups of mix at about 110 calories per cup!