1/2 Photos of Cocoa Butter Mochi
1 hr 15 mins
If you've had mochi before, this is not like the mochi you normally eat at New Years; it has a rich, slightly sweet, chocolate flavor. The mochiko powder can probably be found in the oriental section of your grocery store. A secretary in my office made this recipe; she got the recipe from one of those recipe cards you can get at the grocers. For the cocoa, the recipe says you can use Nestles ... I use Ghiradelli,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- 3In a separate bowl , combine wet ingredients.
- 4Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in small amounts.
- 5Mix until until all ingredients are well combined.
- 6Pour mixture in a 9" x 13" buttered pan- will also fit in two 8"x8" pans.
- 7Bake for 1 hr.
- 8Test with toothpick - comes out clean when done.
- 9Let cool before cutting.
- 10Yield may differ according to the size of the pieces-- suggest cutting in squares or 1"x2" rectangles -- it is rich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Butter Mochi
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g