Rich, chocolate brownies with a wonderful peanut butter frosting. The peanut butter frosting is perfect, not too sweet. I could eat it by the spoonful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1/2 cup flour
Peanut butter frosting
- 1Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil, letting 2 opposite sides overhang. Spray parchment paper or foil with cooking spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a heat proof bowl. Place over a large pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally. When the butter is just about melted, remove the bowl. Carefully touch the cocoa mixture. It should feel warm, not hot.
- 4Once the mixture is warm, add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Once the mixture is shiny and cohesive, add the flour. Stir 40 times.
- 5Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- 6Once cool, frost with peanut butter frosting and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- 7For frosting:.
- 8Cream butter and peanut butter until combined. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until incorporated. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Brownies With Salted Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 477.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g