Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich, chocolate brownies with a wonderful peanut butter frosting. The peanut butter frosting is perfect, not too sweet. I could eat it by the spoonful.
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Peanut butter frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon fleur del sel sea salt
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil, letting 2 opposite sides overhang. Spray parchment paper or foil with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a heat proof bowl. Place over a large pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally. When the butter is just about melted, remove the bowl. Carefully touch the cocoa mixture. It should feel warm, not hot.
- Once the mixture is warm, add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Once the mixture is shiny and cohesive, add the flour. Stir 40 times.
- Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once cool, frost with peanut butter frosting and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- For frosting:.
- Cream butter and peanut butter until combined. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until incorporated. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.