1 hr 30 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
Sinful and scrumptious! The blueberry ganache is what makes these dark chocolate brownies shine! Spend the extra money to purchase the best quality chocolate chips, it is worth every penny!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips (think Ghiradelli's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hershey's dark cocoa
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 9 x 13-inch square pan and set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt the butter and bring it to just below a boil.
- 3Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- 4Pour in the hot butter and let stand for 30 seconds.
- 5Stir until completely melted.
- 6Sift in the sugar and cocoa powder.
- 7Beat in the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- 8Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- 10Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 12To prepare the Ganache: Place the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 13Place the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 14Cook and stir until mixture becomes sauce like and bubbly.
- 15Pour into a sieve or strainer that is placed over a bowl to catch blueberry liquid. Discard remaining blueberries.
- 16Pour blueberry liquid over chocolate chips.
- 17Bring the cream and butter to just below boiling point in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 18Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- 19Spread the warm ganache over the brownies. Allow the ganache to set completely before cutting into squares.
- 20The ganache should be used for spreading while warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Brownies With Blueberry Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.6
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 143.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: