Recipe by Sassy in da South
Sinful and scrumptious! The blueberry ganache is what makes these dark chocolate brownies shine! Spend the extra money to purchase the best quality chocolate chips, it is worth every penny!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips (think Ghiradelli's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's dark cocoa
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bagbest-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 9 x 13-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and bring it to just below a boil.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Pour in the hot butter and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Sift in the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Beat in the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare the Ganache: Place the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until mixture becomes sauce like and bubbly.
- Pour into a sieve or strainer that is placed over a bowl to catch blueberry liquid. Discard remaining blueberries.
- Pour blueberry liquid over chocolate chips.
- Bring the cream and butter to just below boiling point in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Spread the warm ganache over the brownies. Allow the ganache to set completely before cutting into squares.
- The ganache should be used for spreading while warm.