Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
For you chocolate freaks that want to get your chocolate fix on and still feel healthy about it. I created this recipe using raw honey and applesauce. You can also use homemade pear sauce and you might experiment with a mix of bananas, applesauce and pears. I have not tried it with other flours but you might experiment with that too. I top it with a pudding made from bananas, avocadoes, cacao powder and honey (in the food processor). The pudding tastes best if allowed to rest overnight. YUUMMM! Because it's fairly healthy, I like to serve with a brunch.
Top Review by rickysgranny
Really delicious! Just made this for a friend battling cancer who can't have refined sugar -- only raw honey. Prepared it in a 9 X 13 pan, and baked it for a little less than 30 minutes. Tastes more like a rich apple cake than a chocolate brownie. I'll definitely make this again!
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream honey and margarine.
- Add eggs and cream a bit more.
- Sift cocoa, salt, baking soda and flour ingredients and add to honey mixture, alternately with applesauce.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 10-1/2 X 15-1/2 inch jelly roll pan.