Recipe by CCLady
This recipe, courtesy of Hershey, can easily be doubled and baked in a 13x9" pan
Top Review by janee
I cut the recipe in half - baked it in a pie plate for a little less time and voila, it was then the crust for my Pepperment Ice Cream Pie Made a wonderful Christmas Dinner dessert! Excellent! Garnish with chocolate sauce, whipped topping or shaved chocolate curls.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350º.
- Grease 9" square pan.
- Stir butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add gradually to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Frost if desired.