Yes, another brownie recipe. I never much liked brownies made with cocoa powder until I discovered that using 1/2 vegetable shortening made a big difference in the texture, resulting in a much fudgier, firmer cocoa brownie. If you leave out or substitute for the butter or the shortening it just won't be right. Feel free to add nuts or chips if you like, they are good without them. My preference is to frost them, with or without nuts. If you use the basic ingedients, however, I think you'll like the resuls.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch pan, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and margarine. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, blending each one in well.
- Stir in the flour and then the vanilla and blend well.
- If desired, fold in nuts and chips.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until just done in the center.
- Cool, slice and enjoy, or frost with your favorite brownie frosting. If you made thej in a round pan, cut into wedges which are great to use for desserts like brownie sundaes.