1/1 Photo of Cocoa Brownies
Yes, another brownie recipe. I never much liked brownies made with cocoa powder until I discovered that using 1/2 vegetable shortening made a big difference in the texture, resulting in a much fudgier, firmer cocoa brownie. If you leave out or substitute for the butter or the shortening it just won't be right. Feel free to add nuts or chips if you like, they are good without them. My preference is to frost them, with or without nuts. If you use the basic ingedients, however, I think you'll like the resuls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch pan, or spray with non-stick spray.
- 2In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and margarine. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- 3Whisk in the sugar.
- 4Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, blending each one in well.
- 5Stir in the flour and then the vanilla and blend well.
- 6If desired, fold in nuts and chips.
- 7Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until just done in the center.
- 8Cool, slice and enjoy, or frost with your favorite brownie frosting. If you made thej in a round pan, cut into wedges which are great to use for desserts like brownie sundaes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g