Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's been a while since I've made this bread but it is good.
Make and share this Cocoa Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa and sugar together.
- Beat egg and add milk and oil, mix together.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing just enough to dampen.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes.
I love this tasty bread! I baked mine in 3 mini ceramic loaf pans so reduced the cook time to about 35 minutes. This bread had a great texture and had a nice chocolate flavor without being too sweet. Perfect with a cup of cinnamon coffee - thanks for sharing the recipe!
On a diet, so I made some changes that take this down to 160 calories per 1/8 loaf slice. Used whole wheat pastry flour, 1% milk, bulk Splenda instead of sugar, and unsweetened applesauce instead of oil. Turned out very nice, and made a nice treat for someone who has had no treats lately.
This is good bread! It was a little on the dry side for me but it was still good. The bread turned out so nice, I think next time I make this, I will either add another egg or a little bit more milk Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring 09