1/2 Photos of Cocoa Bombs
These are my attempt to make a chocolate version of Mexican Wedding Cake cookies. (My son named them.) In my experiments I felt that using half butter and half margarine made for the best texture, but you can of course use all butter if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 ounces finely ground almonds (walnuts may also be used)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for topping (as needed)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Beat butter, margarine and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in vanilla extract and water and blend thoroughly.
- 4Beat in cocoa.
- 5Slowly add flour and nuts and mix until completely incorporated.
- 6Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Flatten balls slightly.
- 8Bake until cookies are set but not browned, about 8 minutes.
- 9Roll in powdered sugar while still warm. Do not skip this step.
- 10When cooled, roll in powdered sugar again (or sift powdered sugar over tops). Do not skip this step.
- 11Note: This type of cookie tends to be on the dry side. If you want it to be moister, try underbaking by 1-2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Bombs
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g