Recipe by dojemi
Like fudge on a stick. Swirl these blocks into a mug of hot milk and enjoy luscious hot chocolate, or nibble the chocolate blocks directly from the stick. These cocoa blocks are fantastic for kids and adults alike! They taste amazing and are fun to swirl in your hot beverage-- coffee or hot milk.Think of these confections as you would ganache. They will keep at room temperature 3-4 days, in the fridge about 10 days, in the freezer up to 30 days. Prep time does not include the overnight set-up time.
Top Review by alnkathy
Great recipe! Easy to make. Calorie total with unsweetened chocolate comes to about 140 calories per block. I love to eat them plain as a chocolate fix for that occasional craving.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 cups chocolate chips (semisweet or bittersweet, you may also use chocolate bars)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- 36 wooden sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Heat the cream and condensed milk over low heat until steaming.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate; allow it to gently melt.
- After about 10 minutes, return the chocolate mixture to low heat to completely melt the chocolate.
- Whisk vigorously until the mixture is thick and shiny.
- Add a few drops of flavoring oil if you like; hazelnut, coffee, or vanilla are popular flavors.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan; shake the pan gently to level.
- Sprinkle with cocoa, if desired.
- Set aside overnight to slowly set up.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn out onto a clean cutting surface.
- Slice into 1 ¼" cubes. Heat a knife in hot water and wipe dry before each cut, for smoothest cuts.
- Stick a wooden stick into the center of each block.
- Roll in cocoa or crushed peppermint candy, if desired.
- Wrap in waxed paper, parchment, or plastic wrap to store.