Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, hershey low-fat works great
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strawberry
- Mix egg whites, applesauce, and yogurt in one bowl.
- Mix dry stuff in another bowl.
- Mix the two together, mixing only enough to combine well.
- Put into well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to cool.
- Fresh or Frozen berries of any kind can be used.
These were wonderful. They'd be great for dessert - very cakelike and full of chocolate flavor! I'm going to try making them with fresh raspberries the next time. Thanks again, Dancer, for another winning recipe!
My children loved these muffins. I also tried them without the cocoa and adding blueberries instead of strawberries and were also delicious.
I'm sorry but these didn't turn out very good... the wet ingredients were not enough to even moisten the dry ingredients - added another 1/4 cup of applesauce. as well, knocked 2 minutes off the baking time and they are still very dry. May try again, adding some oil.