Recipe by dmanmont
A "healthier" cookie incorporating 4 of the items recommended by Dr. James Painter that you incorporate into your diet to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups banana chips, crushed
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy and sugar is completely dissolved. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well and gradually stir into creamed mixture. Fold in rolled oats, crushed banana chips, raisins and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.