Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my favourite muffins, sweeter than most breakfast muffins but still a long way from being cupcakes in disguise which too many muffins are. NOTE: I have adjusted the quantity of flour thantks to my reviewers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter or put paper cups in muffin pan.
- Mash bananas.
- Whisk in eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Be sure to sift the cocoa.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until done.
- If you like, lay a slice of banana over each muffin before baking.
These were AMAZING! The muffins were huge and moist with a delicious chocolatey flavor. I added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, which seemed to complement the flavors well.
These are scrumptious! I halved the recipe and it still made 7 BIG muffins. Next time I will half it again and fill all 12 cups. I used 2 ripe bananas and substituted milk mixed with lemon juice for the Buttermilk. (Use 1T. lemon juice per 8oz. milk and allow to sit for a few minutes.) They turned out beautifully! I will be making these again!
These muffins were delicous!!! My kids loved them and they were gone in one day. They turned out big and moist and I love the banana and chocolate together. Thank You so much.