Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love anything made with chocolate, and this mixture of cocoa, apples, and chocolate chips sounds like an intriguing combination! I plan to try this very soon, but I wanted to share it with my Zaar friends right away! I got the recipe from the "Apple Lovers' Cookbook."
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups peeled apples, chopped or grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Cream butter (or margarine) and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add water; mix.
- Sift together flour and remaining dry ingredients; add and mix.
- Do NOT over-mix.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool upright on a rack 10-15 minutes.
- Invert and remove from pan and finish cooling on a rack.
I loved this cake. It was my cousin's birthday today and I baked this one for her - she was THRILLED! Thanks, Kree!