Recipe by PurpleFia
Notes c/o the love bite.com: no fuss, no mess...and within an hour you'll be tucking into the lightest, velvety-est, stickiest, yummiest chocolate cake that you have made in years. The sour cream gives it a creamy, tart sensation that is like sinking into a cheesecake... the golden syrup gives it a caramel gooey-ness (I found this receipe on a wonderful food/dating idea site called thelovebite.com. After enjoying this cake, check out the site.) **** golden syrup can be found in cans and jars at 'cost plus world markets', english food stores and select supermarkets. you can substitute honey or dark corn syrup if you choose
- 6 ounces unsalted butter (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar (or superfine sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered) or 3 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 ounces melted dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ounce additional dark chocolate, not melted but broken into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- here's how it's done:.
- pre-heat: oven to 400
- blend: softened butter, cocoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, golden syrup, sour cream and eggs in a food processor until well blended (30 seconds, scrape sides, another 30 seconds)
- pour: batter into a buttered and floured cake pan (9 inch springform works well).
- bake for 10 minutes @ 400.
- reduce oven heat to 350. bake another 30 minutes
- If cake bounces back when tapped lightly on top, it is done. (It might need another 5 minutes if it doesn't spring)
- Remove from heat, let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out.
- Blend softened butter, sour cream, golden syrup, melted chocolate, icing/ confectioner's sugar and cocoa in a food processor until whipped (30-40 seconds).
- Add the extra 10z of choclate pieces and pulse the processor to splinter them into choc chips in the frosting
- When the cake is almost cool, top it with the frosting.