A hearty meal to warm up a rainy day, this recipe is quick, easy, and can be modified as needed to suit anyone's palate.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, large dice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 400 g diced tomatoes, strained with juices reserved (1 can will do)
- 284 ml tomato soup (1 can)
- 5 ounces tomato paste (1 can)
- 400 g kidney beans, rinsed and drained (1 can)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 300 g corn chips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add to skillet – ground beef, onion, garlic, red pepper, and chili powder.
- Cook until browned.
- Add strained diced tomatoes (add reserved liquid when necessary), tomato soup, tomato paste, and kidney beans.
- Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green onion and heat through – about 5 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheddar and sour cream on top, with a side of corn chips.