Recipe by **Mandy**
Coco Pops in Australia are like cocoa rice crispies. This is a great one to use up those stale bits of cereal left in the pantry.Found in Sfi.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
These were very easy to make and I actually made 24 slightly smaller muffins with these amounts. I liked the muffins but the cereal tended to be chewy when cooked in the muffin which is not to everyone's tastes and I also found that they weren't very sweet so they really needed a frosting for maximum impact. I used chocolate buttercream and I also added some extra chocolate chips. The kids loved them!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups Coco Pops cereal or 2 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180.C.
- Grease 12 1/2 cup capacity muffins pans.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl, add sugar & 1 3/4 cups coco pops, stir well to combine.
- Combine butter, egg, buttermilk and vanilla in a jug and then add to dry ingredients, stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffins pans and sprinkle tops with remaining coco pops.
- Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.