Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
These VERY yummy cookies come from my massage therapist, who, besides being an excellent massage therapist, is also a fantastic cook. I believe she tinkered with an existing recipe to get this one the way she wanted it. I'm not a huge cookie fan, but I love these.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 package white chocolate, chunks
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Blend sugars at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and baking soda and blend.
- Add nuts, white chocolate and coconut and blend at low speed until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Use a spatula to transfer cookies immediately to a cool, flat surface.