Recipe by cannedfood
Any time of year, these easy cookies offer flavorful source of food energy. Plus, the nutrients in nuts and canned pineapple provide a good-for-you bonus!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut, sweetened, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, pecans or 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Bake until edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, coconut and almonds until blended. Pour into baked crust and spread almost to edges.
- Bake until just set, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with white chocolate chips. Let stand until chocolate softens, 3 to 4 minutes, then carefully spread chocolate over surface. Cool completely. Cut into 32 bars.
- Servings: 32.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 160; Total fat 9g; Saturated fat 6g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 70mg; Carbohydrate 19g; Fiber 1g; Protein 2g; Vitamin A 2%DV*; Vitamin C 2%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 2%DV.
- *Daily Value.