Chef #1365024's Note:
Any time of year, these easy cookies offer flavorful source of food energy. Plus, the nutrients in nuts and canned pineapple provide a good-for-you bonus!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut, sweetened, shredded
- 1/2 cup almonds, pecans or 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 2Mix graham cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Bake until edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile stir sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, coconut and almonds until blended. Pour into baked crust and spread almost to edges.
- 4Bake until just set, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with white chocolate chips. Let stand until chocolate softens, 3 to 4 minutes, then carefully spread chocolate over surface. Cool completely. Cut into 32 bars.
- 5Servings: 32.
- 6Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 7Calories 160; Total fat 9g; Saturated fat 6g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 70mg; Carbohydrate 19g; Fiber 1g; Protein 2g; Vitamin A 2%DV*; Vitamin C 2%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 2%DV.
- 8*Daily Value.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coco-Nutty Tropical Treat Bars
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 84.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g