Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
I found a delightful little box in my bottom turnaround, it was labeled recipes. I sifted through and separated all the hand written ones: This one says it was written by Marge. I don't know who she is, but I have her recipe and this is it.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejello instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups bakers coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- • Cake: Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil.
- Beat 4 (and four is underlined) minutes medium speed.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch layer pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes.
- Chen cool, frost with coconut cream cheese frosting (recipe included here).
- • Frosting: Melt 1/2 of butter in skillet and add coconut. Stir constantly (that is underlined) over low heat until golden brown.
- Spread coconut on paper towels to cool.
- Cream other 1/2 of butter with cream cheese, add milk beat in sugar gradually.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups coconut.
- Spread on tops of layers. Sprinkle remaining coconut on top.