Recipe by JanuaryBride
This recipe combines three of my vices. . .chocolate, coffee and peanut butter. What a wonderful summertime treat and a perfect make-ahead dessert. (Cooking time is freezing time).
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
A good combination, rich & peanutty, as well as being easy to make with items I keep on hand. The yummy crust of chocolate grahams with dry-roasted peanuts is a great idea that could benefit from just a sprinkling of sugar or sweetener. The chocolate zigzags on top all melted together before I had a chance to slice this dessert; maybe the too thin chocolate syrup is best reserved until serving time. Your recipe was still enjoyed ~ Thanks!
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 gallon sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar-free whipped topping
- 8 ounces sugar-free chocolate syrup (preferably milk chocolate)
- 1⁄4 cup brewed strong coffee (espresso works also)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, peanuts and melted margarine, stirring until combined. Pat into bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- While crust is freezing, allow ice cream to sit out on counter to soften.
- Once softened, with a large wooden spoon mix together the ice cream and peanut butter. You can either mix it completely or you can leave peanut butter ribbons throughout the pie. . .totally up to you.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour ice cream mixture into the crust. Smooth top and return it to the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- About 15 minutes prior to serving, remove pie from freezer to soften slightly.
- In a 1 quart saucepan over low heat, stir chocolate sryup until melted and hot. Remove from heat and add in the coffee.
- Spoon hot fudge into plastic sandwich bag, close the top and place in freezer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from freezer, cut a small hole in the corner of the baggie and pipe fudge onto top of pie in zig-zags.
- Serve pie with a dollop of whipped topping!