Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very light and moist desert. Makes you want to say Ole!
Make and share this Coco Lopez Pina Colada Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) cancoco lopez pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh frozen grated coconut, thawed
- Prepare yellow cake mix according to package directions in 13" x 9" pan.
- Remove from oven and while cake is still hot, poke lots of holes in the surface with fork.
- Spread can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cake.
- Do this fairly slowly so that it has a chance to soak evenly into the holes.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Spread the Coco Lopez mix just as you did the condensed milk.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with coconut.
- Be sure to refrigerate this cake.
- It doesn't keep at room temperature.
OMG!! Totally sinful. This was incredibly moist and sweet. I left off the shredded coconut because of my kids but I know that would make it even better. A real indulgence. Very quick and easy. Thanks CC--this is a keeper.
This cake is YUMMY! I used to make it all the time and couldn't remember how to make it so I took a chance and looked it up here and am so glad I found it. My ingredients were the same but I used white cake instead. PLUS, I combined the condensed milk and the pina colada mix before pouring in the holes. Simple and easy to make! Everyone loves it!
Nice exotic cake. Very moist. The taste and texture of this cake is very similiar to my cake recipe of Middle Eastern Coconut Harissa #78772. There is another cake that I melded in with this one to make my cake because they were so similiar and it was Tres Leches Cake with Seasonal Fruit #59323 and it came out great. What I did was added evaporated milk to this recipe .