Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy, tasty way to eat mixed vegetables! I have it over brown rice. You could use any vegetable you want, but I have listed the combination that I use.
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 green chilies, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced or grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 165 ml coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, sliced
- 1 head broccoli
- 100 g baby corn
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 200 g green beans
- 200 g snow peas
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, combine the basil, coriander, chillis, ginger, garlic and coconut milk.
- You may need to add 1/2 cup of water, or more coconut milk if you want it very creamy.
- Blend until very smooth.
- In a pan, combine onion and sweet potato with the herb/coconut mixture.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the sweet potato has softened a little.
- Add the zucchini baby corn, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, green beans and snow peas and season to taste.
- Cook until the greens are bright green (about 4 minutes).
- Serve over rice.
This was very good! I used quite a bit less of the green chilies, didn't want too hot. I used lemon zest for the lemongrass. I also used alot more coconut milk to cook the vegs. in. I enjoyed the flavors! Thank you Coco Banana!
I think I was expecting something 'soupier'. Even using twice the coconut milk called for, it barely covered the vegetables, and I didn't even use the broccoli. Next time i would use triple (or more) the herb/milk mixture and half of each of the vegetables (half a yam, half a zucchini..).