Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I find that the only hummus that tastes good is from the health food shop - and they are soooo expensive! So I decided to make my own, coz chickpeas are so cheap - and I concocted something pretty special!
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked (reserve cooking water or can juice)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unhulled tahini
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 10 halves sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (or use a hand blender), adding the cooking or can water to suit the consistency.
- Make sure it is all smooth, and serve as a spread or dip.