Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a colourful and attractive dish that is both delicious and healthy.
Make and share this Coco - Banana's Native American Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup red kidney beans or 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 400 g pumpkin, cubed
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- I a pot, combine quinoa, pumpkin, red kidney beans and corn kernels.
- Boil until the quinoa is cooked and the pumpkin is soft (but not mushy).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a fry pan, and combine the cumin, onion and capsicum and fry until fragrant.
- Add the onion mixture to the quinoa mixture, season with salt, pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Stir to combine, and serve.